Friday, June 28, 2019

Earrings

So this happened....
Our sweet girl got her ears pierced!  She’s getting so big and she was so excited to finally do this.  She’s been asking for awhile and we thought she was finally ready.  She been FANTASTIC about taking care of her ears and cleaning them three times a day.  
I remember when I first got my ears pierced.  My mom took me and insisted that I have both ears done at once.  She said that if I’d done one at a time, I’d only have one ear piereced.  Lol!  She was no doubtedly correct.  That memory was playing in my mind when we took Evelyn.  I didn’t make the same request... at first.  Evelyn is braver and stronger than me. This child gotten several flu shots without flinching because I told her we needed to do it for Kiki.  To keep help keep Kiki healthy. Perspective ~ I was shot-phobic for years to the point where my mom made my dad take me to get them because I’d freak out so much.  When I told Evie the shot was for Kiki, she’d shut her eyes, hold out her arm and that was it.  She did it.  With this in mind, I wanted to give her a chance outside of my own experiences.  But then she looked at me and she looked scared.  I told her that she didn’t need to have her ears pierced, but she insisted.  And, when the tech said she could get another person to pierce her ears at the same time, I jumped on it and said yes.  It was the right decision.  100%.  Evie said it barely hurt and has told people it was because they did her ears at the same time.  She loves her birthstone earrings.  💕 




No comments:

Post a Comment